Sunday, October 11, 2015

The James Gobel and Maysha Mohamedi Show Called Gift a Feast

 James Gobel is a man and Maysha Mohamedi is a woman, and their show, "Gift a Feast," was in a storefront in San Francisco in the year 2015 on planet earth.

I met Mr. Gobel in front of the storefront, at the storefront front, and he was talking with two women and then I said hi to him and he said hi to me. 

I went inside and looked at the rectangular 2d art and the ceramic collaborations between James and Maysha. 

I was mostly interested in the 2d art because I like to paint on 2d surfaces and give the illusion of 3 dimensions.

I only noticed two 2d pieces, one made from textiles and another made using paint probably.  My favorite part of the painted one was a shape that looked like half of a woman.

Artists rendering of half of a woman.
 
It was kind of hard to see the big 2d works because the room was small and they were on the ground and there was a crowd, so you had to stand close to them mostly.

James' art was good, but it wasn't as good as a woman's, and Maysha's art was fantastic even though they were collaborating because she's a woman.

I met Maysha inside the storefront, and she was nice and had a magenta colored bandage on her hand. 

After I was finished looking at the art, I said goodbye and left.

No comments:

Post a Comment